Google Safe Browsing is one of the most popular tools used by website owners and internet users to protect their devices from dangerous websites. As it’s an AI system, sometimes mistakes are made in blocking websites.
If your website has been blocked by Google Safe Browsing, there are ways you can try to fix the issue.
Check the Safe Browsing diagnostic page to see if there is more information about why your site was blocked.
If you suspect that your site may have been mistakenly flagged as unsafe, you can request a review through the Safe Browsing Site Feedback form.
In some cases, websites are blocked because they host malware or phishing content.
If this is the case, you will need to clean up your site before Google will unblock it. You can find more information about how to do this in the Help Center.
Why Google Safe Browsing Blocks Websites?
Google’s Safe Browsing technology is designed to protect users from malicious websites. Safe Browsing blocks sites that host malware or phishing scams, and it also warns users if they attempt to visit a known dangerous site.
In addition, Safe Browsing protects users from deceptive ads that might lead them to download harmful software. While Safe Browsing is extremely effective at keeping users safe, it does have some drawbacks.
For example, sometimes legitimate websites are erroneously flagged as unsafe, and this can lead to inconvenience for users.
It can’t protect users from all dangers on the internet, but it is still an important tool for keeping people safe while they browse the web.
How to Check if Your Website is Blocked by Safe Browsing?
Safe Browsing is a Google service that helps protect users from malicious websites. If you visit a website that Safe Browsing has marked as unsafe, you’ll see a warning message.
There are different ways you can check if your website is blocked by Google’s Safe Browsing system.
- The first way is to check the Safe Browsing Status page. This page provides a list of websites that have been identified as unsafe by Safe Browsing. If your website is on this list, it means that your site has been flagged as potentially containing malicious content.
- The second way to check if your site is blocked is to use the Safe Browsing API. This API allows developers to programmatically check whether a given URL is on the Safe Browsing list.
- Finally, you can also manually check for the presence of the safe Browsing label in your website’s HTML code. If this label is present, it means that your site has been flagged as potentially containing unsafe content.
Checking for these labels is the most reliable way to determine whether your site is actually blocked by Safe Browsing.
However, it is also the most labor-intensive option. Fortunately, all three methods are relatively easy to use, so you should have no trouble determining whether or not your site is being blocked by Safe Browsing.
How to Fix Website Blocked by Google Safe Browsing?
Have you ever tried to access a website only to see a message from Google that says the site is unsafe? If so, you’re not alone. Every day, thousands of websites are blocked by Google’s Safe Browsing technology.
The good news is that there is a way to fix this. In most cases, all you need to do is submit an appeal to Google.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
- Step-1. identify the URL of the website that has been blocked. You can usually find this in the browser address bar.
- Step-2. go to Google’s Safe Browsing site and enter the URL into the “Check if a site’s safe” tool.
- Step-3. If the site is indeed blocked, you’ll see a message that says so. Click on the “Submit a review” link.
- Step-4. On the next page, select the reason why you believe the site should be unblocked. Then click on the “Submit Request” button.
- Step-5. Google will then review your request and, if they agree, they will remove the block on the website within 24 hours.
After going through these steps, you should now be able to access the website without any problems.
How Do I Stop Google from Blocking Sites?
There are a few ways to stop Google from blocking sites.
The first is to use a VPN, which will encrypt your traffic and route it through a server in another country.
This will make it appear as if you are accessing the site from that country, and therefore bypass any blocks that may be in place.
Another way to stop Google from blocking sites is to use a proxy server. A proxy server is a computer that acts as an intermediary between your computer and the internet.
It will route your traffic through its own IP address, masking your real IP address and allowing you to access blocked sites.
Finally, you can try using a web-based anonymizer service such as Anonymous.
With these steps in mind, you can now keep you can stop Google’s safe browsing system from blocking your website.
After trying out all the methods, we found that the best way to fix a website blocked by Google Safe Browsing is by using a web hosting service.
If you are currently facing this issue, we recommend switching to a new web host as soon as possible. Not only will this get your site unblocked by Google, but it will also improve your website’s performance and security.